19 February 2012

THE TRAVELBUG!



Have you ever been bitten

By the bug that ain’t a bug?

Bitten and very much smitten

Am I with the TravelBug!


Oh! What joy it is to pack

Your tiny world into a rucksack

Heave it on your shoulders tight

And off we go to see the sights!


Sometimes walking, sometimes trudging

Inching forward without grudging

The heady climb of hills quite steep

Does make you forget you’d craved to sleep!


At the summit as I stand

I begin to understand

The world’s far more beautiful folks

Than to you and me it at first looks!


Off we go to the next destination

Unhindered by the creeping exhaustion

For Will now leads my weary limbs

Striving am I to keep with the climb!


From valleys deep and canyons long

Spring forth brooks with their gurgling song

Tiny rivulets meet and merge

And raging rivers thus emerge!


As each reach the gorges tall

They have no go but to fall

And thus are born mighty waterfalls

Get under it and you have a ball!


Wet and weary you set up camp

On meadows kissed by fresh dew damp

Hit the sack as the stealthy night

Robs the sky of its light!


I wake up at the crack of day

With troubles at a land far, far away

To the serenade of birds which twitter and tweet-

Their lungs out many melodies sweet!


Making our way through the thickets

And brambles which are nothing but wicked

On we run with open hands

Out of the woods onto plain land!


Before this trip is ever complete

We wolf down a meal that is so replete

And off we go on the final lap

To the cities marked out in the map!


Now each city is a different story

Laden with years of unique history

Castles and relics cheat time and last

Reminding us of a valiant past!


Cars speed past on roads so fast

Leave in their wake mere gusts of dust

Buildings so tall they scrape the sky

Vying to be the one most high!


From the verdant jungle to the concrete one

Life’s diverse under the blazing sun

While fauna scamper to hunt and be hunted

People scurry past each other undaunted!


Nightfall brings an exotic glow

To the sea of humanity which on the streets flow

I drink in the lights, the smells and feel

Swamped in my senses and so I reel!


Sorry am I to turn my back

As I heave on last time my precious rucksack

Vowing to return as heartstrings tug

For yes, I am a TravelBug!

3 comments:

  1. HOW CAN THIS HAVE NO COMMENTS??? that was BRILLIANT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blown!!!...
    Caught myself reading it wth a tune!!!!!...
    Ur d best chechieeeeeee

    ReplyDelete